Independent- So I think this is a BIG one in our house now. Sydney is 2 going on 15 and thinks she is old enough to do EVERYTHING herself. Today we were going to school and she was dressing herself. I came in the room and she had 4 shirts on. She was DETERMINED to wear them all! So she trotted into school with FOUR shirts on. I wish I took a picture it wasVERY funny. But at this age there are some things that are not worth picking a battle over and this was one of them:) She also loves to get in the car seat "ALL BY MYSELF- NO HELP"! She even thought yesterday at the park she was big enough to walk herself down the street to our house to go potty (she did not WIN on that one!)
Kitchen- I really love to cook and now Sydney loves to help me. She loves to climb up on her big stool next to me to help stir, mix etc... She now helps me wash dishes (play in the water = wash dishes) and set the table. It is so fun to watch her get out the placemats from the drawer and then put the plates out. Then every night we sit down and hold hands and say our prayers.

Wearing big girl underwear- Yesterday we were walking to the park with Cavin (her friend) and Syd stopped in her trackes and said "Cavin, I have new underwear...LOOK" Yup, She unzipped her pants and showed him her pretty new undies:) Three days into going in the big girl potty every time. WOO HOO!

Froggy- So I think this one is going to be on the favorite list for a bit longer. We have 3 of these and rotate them in and out of the wash. Froggy is her best friend and has gone everywhere with her since she was one. I'm not sure how much longer he will tag along but for now she LOVES him (and tells him often I love you and kisses him...SO CUTE). The doctor says not to try and take it away now she is still at an age where this comforts her. So instead of the Oldelehr family of 4 we are a family of 5! There are times we have to feed him, make him drinks of water like another member of the family. But he is a good froggy:)
Luggage/Back Pack/Purses- So I mentioned in an earlier post Sydney's obsession for packing things around. Well one of her FAVORITE things now is to carry around her bags and stuff EVERYTHING she possibly can into them. If we can't find something we know to start the bag search:) She even sleeps with ALL of this stuff. Let's hope this is a phase! It looks like she LOVED carrying things around when she was younger too- blurry pic but thought it was cute:)

BED- Sydney is so routined when it comes to sleep. We will be right in the middle of something and she will say "mama, I'm tired" and she will be ready to go to bed and drop everything we are doing. Although every once in a while she will skip a nap. Her night time ritual is take a bath, crawl in our bed and watch Barney then head into bed. Right now she has Daddy take her in. They say three prayers and then she prays for people. Depending on how tired she will pray for 20 people or only 2 if she is exhausted and can't think! He lays on the floor for a couple of minutes then she says "Nite Nite Daddy, Sweet Dreams, I LOVE You". I sat outside the door one night and they said this line back to each other. Marcus said that is their night time ritual. It made me melt...so PRECIOUS!





No comments:
Post a Comment