To my sweet, busy, happy, giggly, independent, determined, caring three year old,
Sydney I can't believe you are THREE years old today. It seems so crazy that you are such a big girl. I still remember the day you were born like it was yesterday! What on earth did mommy and daddy ever do without you in our world? Life was pretty dull! You light up our world in so many ways. You have so many great attributes and many that we are still working on...wink, wink!
This face makes us smile, laugh, cry, jump for joy and keeps us on our toes!! Who would have known what it would take to raise our busy girl. You have such an amazing outgoing spirit that lights up a room. But you do get very shy if it's a room filled with people you don't know. But once you get to know everyone...watch out:) You have started to get very independent over the last few months. You used to cling to me and stand by my side at all times. Which now I see what a little blessing that was now that I have Dane running in every direction but to me.
Today at school your teacher Angeline said you are one of her favorite little friends! She said you are always cleaning up and helping the teachers. You love to go around and tuck all of the kids in for naps and put their covers on them then lay down. She is amazed by your big vocabulary and says you act a year older than you are. She said you have a very outgoing personality and are friends with everyone in the class. She says you never have to be put in time out and are an all around good kid! I now realize mommy and daddy are a little played here at home. As 6 months ago I was frantically reading raising a spirited child and 1,2,3 Magic. But it is amazing how much you have grown up in 6 short months. But trust me we still have our moments each and every day:)
You are always one step ahead and constantly thinking on your toes. It was a rainy day last week and I said lets hop in the car and go for a drive (we were going a little stir crazy being in the house). I said where should we go? Your response "The bank to get a sucker" mommy said "but we don't need anything at the bank", you ran as fast as you could to your room and said I will be right back. You came back grinning ear to ear with your pink purse in hand and pulled out 3 quarters and said "Now we can go to the bank!" Mommy didn't even know you had money in there. I guess you were saving it for a rainy day. Seriously you are too darn cute and do funny things like this each and every day!
When I look at this picture above it brings back so many memories of you and I at the beach! When you were a little baby you and I would take walks down to the beach and just hang out. It was sort of our little spot. Now look at you all grown up. Before I know it you will be going to high school. So each and every day I try to remember to stop and smell the roses. Some days are hard/busy so I just pray to God to give me patience (I'm really working on that one!) But you and your brother are the most amazing people in our worlds and you make us so proud and happy!
You are such a mother hen and love to take care of your froggy, babies and anything that you can put a towel on and pat it's back. Mommy loves when I get to lay down for a half hour while you adjust blankets and pat my back:) Notice the band-aid on the below picture you have a bit of an obsession for band-aids. If you just bump your leg you start throwing a fit saying you need a band-aid. However, this is just a phase and it's already starting to fade.
You are such a caring big sister! Trust me there are many times that you are not so caring to your little brother, but this is a work in progress. We love how you watch over Dane and are always putting him first. If someone gives you something you ask if you can have one for Dane. In the mornings if you wake before Dane you play independently in your room or in the hallway without waking mommy and daddy. When Dane starts to cry you stand outside his door and say "It's okay and SHHHH!" You know to stay out but you hate to see your brother cry. Your favorite way to address Dane is call him "baby". "It's okay baby", "I love you baby"! I think this makes you feel like the big girl you are! If Dane is getting into something he shouldn't or getting into danger you grab him and pull him away. Dane is such a lucky boy to have you to watch over him...even if sometimes you pull him down a little too hard!
You are still my routined little girl. You take a nap everyday at 11:30 and if we are a little late at putting you down you say "I'm tired". At night you guys are the same way 7:00 and you are down for the count. You used to watch Barney EVERY night but just recently switched to Dora. This is so new that we have only watched one episode everynight (the ice cream one). You are not much for change when it comes to bedtime routines. Change the show to something else and forget it...we will pay! Daddy still puts you to bed every night. You always say "mommy, tomorrow night you can take me" but that never happens. You and your Daddy have this nighttime routine down to a science with your prayers and then he lays next to you for a few minutes. Your standard line "I love you, sweet dreams".
You have a way of remembering names that shocks us. If we see someone that we have met once, a month ago you will say their name. Not sure who you got that trait from...your daddy and I are in sales and wish we had that gift! You are such a perceptive little girl! If mommy changes her shirt or daddy has a new pair of shoes on you will say something about it. Just today you said mommy I love your earrings are those new. Oh boy mommy may have to turn into a shopper (not one of mommy's favorite things to do:)) Or one of my favorites "daddy did you shave" or "daddy I think it's time to shave" as you rub his face!
Sydney you have such a fun personality that can change in a wink of an eye! You have your mad, surprised and happy face down to a science:) Sydney, you are such an amazing little girl!
But most of all you are our SWEET Sydney and you are SO loved by your mommy, daddy and Dane (and SO many others) Happy 3rd Birthday sweet pea!
With Love,
mommy and daddy





1 comment:
What a beautifully written post to that beautiful little girl! She will CHERISH that! I was grinning and reading along, hoping it wasn't over yet. ha! I'm kind of afraid to see what would happen if we got our 2 together... oh me. And what I would do to have a girl that would put blankets on me and pat my back (instead of put a cushion on top of me, then jump from the couch on TOP of me). :)
Precious!!
Post a Comment