Saturday, July 17, 2010

Here comes the bride...

Today daddy and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary! Wow I can't believe how much has happened in 6 short years. A move to Seattle, 2 beautiful babies, 2 new jobs (a start up for daddy and mommy has her own business) and the list goes on and on. I am so blessed to be married to such an amazing husband and daddy! Growing up I have great memories of my parents anniversary. My mom would bring down her wedding dress and try it on and we would pretend we were the bridesmaids. Then we would turn on the music and dance on my dads feet. I think marriage is a big commitment and I hope to teach our children that. So I had Nonni send my wedding dress in the mail and now we our starting our new tradition...
Special delivery!
When the kids walked down the stairs with daddy I had the table set up with hot muffins and our photo albums. We looked through all of the pictures of our wedding day... The look on their faces were awesome when they walked down for our fun day.

I think Daddy wanted one more hour of sleep as his anniversary present:)
Then Syd and Mommy tried on the wedding dress. I thought it would be fun to see her grow year to year in the dress...
Whew the dress still fits!
We decided to put on Daddy's tux jacket. Dane thought it was more fun playing in the water on the deck then playing dress up. Maybe next year or maybe NOT:)
Wow what a fun anniversary day! It was filled with swimming, the Edmonds market, the beach and having fun celebrating the big day. Then mommy and daddy had a great night out!

1 comment:

Val, Brax and Harper said...

love love love this idea! what a great tradition! i will have to remember this when harper gets a little older. so sweet!